January 20, 2012

Insurance is confusing

We got a letter from insurance saying Speech/Physical therapy etc. was denied because he wasn't making enough progress, but then the next day we got a letter saying he was approved for all of 2012. Of course calling and asking which letter to trust was useless, so now I am not sure if he is approved or not. I would think that not making enough progress would make it even more important to go, but who knows.

On the other hand, our physical therapist from the AEA will be bringing Liam a walker to get around in. We tried before but he wasn't quite big enough for it yet. This one will have bars and other prompts on it that will assist him but can be taken off when he doesn't need them. I hope he doesn't need the walker for a long time, but if it gets him walking I guess I'll take anything. Kids can be mean and so can adults,I just hope people don't make comments or stare when he is older if he is still using a walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment