February 1, 2012

Random thoughts

Liam is at daycare today and I'm running out of excuses to avoid washing the dishes and laundry so I thought I'd write another post to buy myself an extra ten minutes. I let him have baked beans last night, so I should probably apologize to the sitter!! The gait trainer is still going well, but he really only has two rooms he can use it in, the dining room and entry way, because the rest is carpeted. Since it is warm I am hoping to take him out to the shop where he will have plenty of room to roam. I hope our smaller one comes quickly because I can't fit the current one into my jeep.

When we were at the ear doctor the other day, some middle aged guy was playing games with Liam in the elevator and asked me "what is he, a little over a year? I didn't know what to say so I told him yes, but it made me wonder if it's just his height that makes him look younger or if there's something else. This isn't the first time someone's been way off on his age, so I pulled out his baby book and realized he has only grown 1.5 inches since his first birthday. I'm not sure what to make of it, but we have another appointment with endocrinology at the end of February, so maybe they will find a growth hormone problem or something this time? He is up to 26 pounds, so I know it's not an eating problem anymore. I am still so glad I stuck my ground and refused to let them put a feeding tube in! If I had everyone would think it was because of the tube that he had gained the weight.

Now that I am out of school and currently unemployed, I have been spending a lot of time at home with Liam. I'm running out of things to do with him, but there's really not much to do in Southeast Iowa that doesn't involve driving 45 minutes. If anyone has any ideas on getting out of the house, I'd be glad to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment