October 25, 2011

we have a crawler!

Liam has been crawling a few feet here and there for the past several weeks, but has started really taking off to get to the things he wants this week!  Across the room, into other rooms, wherever he decides he wants to go! His biggest motivator?  Leaving my laptop open on the floor...the second he see's that he's flying across the room in order to hit (and pull off) the keys.  I've definitely been looking forward to this, but wasn't prepared for everything I'd have to Liam-proof!  I took some videos of him crawling, but the lighting is terrible and it's hard to make out.

Insurance is letting us have 6 more physical therapy appointments and we started that again yesterday.  Hopefully they will approve more visits when this 6 is up!  He has also been gaining weight like a pro and in the matter of weeks outgrew all of his clothes!  I am hoping to find time to go shopping this weekend for him so he doesn't have to keep wearing the same 3 pants.  He's still now at the 5th percentile for weight, but I'm not sure about length.  He won't hold still long enough to let me measure him!

We will be sending off his final paperwork for the clinical trial in Washington DC, then they will contact us for an appointment to come see their doctor.  It will be like a regular neurology visit like in St. Louis, but will probably be a bit more in depth and I'll probably answer a lot more questions...but most importantly I will be able to ask a lot of questions!

We finally got "moved in" to our new house, but the garage is still full of boxes.  Matt hasn't really been home for the last 2 months or so, and I'm about to lose my mind trying to unpack, work at my internship, do homework, and take care of a now mobile 2 year old (Although I wouldn't trade that last one for anything!!)  I think Liam will be better adjusted to the move once we have all our stuff unpacked and his dad is home at a time he is used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment